Executive Master of Science in Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is now offering an Executive Master of Science in Computer Science at UNT’s New College in Frisco. Applications are being accepted.
The Executive M.S. in Computer Science is designed for experienced working professionals with at least 2 years of experience and who want to build upon their expertise. Classes are offered in three 8-week sessions during evenings and weekends to allow for more flexibility. Students also can earn professional certifications along the way to earning their master’s degree to distinguish themselves as an expert in data science or cybersecurity.
Executive M.S. in Computer Science
MS in Computer Science requires a minimum of 30 semester hours.
Concentrations and courses
Cybersecurity (18 credit hours)
- CSCE 5550: Introduction to Computer Security
- CSCE 5050: Applications of Cryptography
- CSCE 5555: Computer Forensics
- CSCE 5565: Secure Software Engineering
- CSCE 5560: Secure Electronic Commerce
- CSCE 5585: Advanced Network Security
Data Science (18 credit hours)
- CSCE 5300: Introduction to Big Data and Data Science
- CSCE 5214: Scientific Data Visualization
- CSCE 5350: Database Systems
- CSCE 5830: Methods in Empirical Analysis
Select one text predictive analytics course:
- CSCE 5200: Information Retrieval
- CSCE 5290: Natural Language Processing
- CSCE 5295: Text Mining
Select one other predictive analytics course:
- CSCE 5215: Machine Learning
- CSCE 5216: Pattern Recognition
- CSCE 5380: Data Mining
Students also will take 12 semester hours from our Computer Science and Engineering Graduate level courses.
The following additional admission materials are submitted to the CSE Graduate Committee, via email attachment to email@example.com :
- essay – please share your career goals and how the EMCS program at UNT will help you achieve them. Include qualifications that you feel distinguish your candidacy and will add value to the class;
- two letters of recommendation (typically from a member of senior level management and above);
- resume (work/academic experience); and
- letter of support (signed on company letterhead from an authorized representative of the applicant’s form).
Students also have the option to obtain a certificate in any of the concentrations, which can be part of their degree or stand-alone professional development:
- 2 classes = Bronze certification
- 4 classes = Silver certification
- 6 classes = Gold certification