PhD in Computer Science, University of Texas at Dallas
MS in Computer Science, Nanjing University
BS in Computer Science, Nanjing University
My research interests lie in the intersection of optimization, social computing and machine learning. The broad goal of my research is to develop algorithmic and data-driven solutions to facilitate decision making under uncertainty for social impact, with a focus on applications in social welfare and equity. My research has been mainly published in machine learning and information management venues, including AAAI, AAMAS, IJCAI, and CIKM.
- Yuan, J., Wu, W., Varanasi, S. (2018). Approximation and Heuristics for Community Detection.
- Yuan, J., Wu, W., Xu, W. (2018). Approximation for Influence Maximization. Handbook of Approximation Algorithms and Metaheuristics, Second Edition: Contemporary and Emerging Applications, Volume 2, Chapter 36.
- Li, C., Yuan, J., Du, D. (2018). Social Influence-Based Optimization Problems. Open Problems in Optimization and Data Analysis, Chapter 2.
- Tang, S., Yuan, J. (2022). Optimal Sampling Gaps for Adaptive Submodular Maximization. The 36th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AAAI 2022.
- Tang, S., Yuan, J. (2021). Adaptive Cascade Submodular Maximization. The 20th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, AAMAS 2021.
- Tang, S., Yuan, J. (2020). Adaptive Robust Submodular Optimization and Beyond. The 14th International Conference on Algorithmic Aspects in Information and Management, AAIM 2020.
- Tang, S., Yuan, J., Mookerjee, V. (2020). Optimizing Ad Allocation in Mobile Advertising. The 21st ACM International Symposium on Theory, Algorithmic Foundations, and Protocol Design for Mobile Networks and Mobile Computing, ACM Mobihoc 2020.
- Yuan, J., Wu, W., Li, Y., Du, D. (2017). Active Friending in Online Social Networks. The 4th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies, IEEE/ACM BDCAT 2017.
- Yuan, J., Tang, S. (2017). Adaptive Discount Allocation in Social Networks. The 18th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing, ACM Mobihoc 2017.
- Tang, S., Zhou, Y., Han, K., Zhang, Z., Yuan, J., Wu, W. (2017). Networked Stochastic Multi-armed Bandits with Combinatorial Strategies. The 37th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, IEEE ICDCS 2017.
- Yuan, J., Tang, S. (2017). No Time to Observe: Adaptive Influence Maximization with Partial Feedback. The 26th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, IJCAI 2017.
- Tang, S., Yuan, J. (2016). Optimizing Ad Allocation in Social Advertising. The 25th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, ACM CIKM 2016.
- Tang, S., Yuan, J. (2022). Assortment Optimization with Repeated Exposures and Product-dependent Patience Cost. Operations Research Letters. 50(1), 8-15.
- Yang, W., Ma, J., Li, Y., Yan, R., Yuan, J., Wu, W., Li, D. (2019). Marginal Gains to Maximize Content Spread in Social Networks. 6(3), 479-490. IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems.
- Yang, W., Yuan, J., Wu, W., Ma, J., Du, D. (2019). Maximizing Activity Profit in Social Networks. 6(1), 117-126. IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems.
- Zhang, Z., Wu, W., Yuan, J., Du, D. (2018). Breach-free Sleep-Wakeup Scheduling for Barrier Coverage with Heterogeneous Wireless Sensors. 26(5), 2404-2413. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking.
- Zhu, J., Zhu, J., Ghosh, S., Wu, W., Yuan, J. (2018). Social Influence Maximization in Hypergraph in Social Networks. 6(4), 801-811. IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering.
- Tu, J., Wu, L., Yuan, J., Cui, L. (2017). On the Vertex Cover P3 Problem Parameterized by Treewidth. 34(2), 414-425. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization.
- Yuan, J., He, L., Dragut, E., Meng, W., Yu, C. (2017). Result Merging for Structured Queries on the Deep Web with Active Relevance Weight Estimation. 64, 93-103. Information Systems.
- About Us
- Give to CSE