Note: This is referred to as the 'Security Certificate' in the UNT Undergraduate Catalog.
The UNT Center for Information and Cyber Security (CICS) has been designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a National Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) and Research (CAE-R). As part of the CAE-CDE designation, the NSA and DHS have designated CICS to issue cybersecurity certificates. These certificates will contain the NSA and DHS logos.
Instructions for receiving a certificate:
- Students that want to receive this certificate should complete ALL requirements for a major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Courses (Must have obtained a grade of C or better):
Complete the Application Form for the Security Certificate.
4. Return the Form by email to Meagan Fox-Hunter or in person to F201B
- For Fall Graduation applicants you will need to complete the form by December 1st.
- For Spring Graduation applicants you will need to complete the form by April 15th.
- This form is subject to verification.
- Final processing is completed by UNT Registrar and can result in a delay.