Current Students

Degree plans

Did you know?

ALL Graduate Students must fill out their Degree Plans before graduation. Degree Plans need to be completed in order to graduate.

When is the ideal time?

It is ideal to have your Degree Plan completed before your last semester of graduation.

Your academic advisor can walk through the process with you!


  1. Choose your degree plan that reflects your major and thesis option (scroll below to view list)
  2. Log in with your UNT credentials. You will be directed to an empty degree plan. Fill out appropriately with your information, the classes you have taken, the classes you are currently taking, and the classes you will take
    1. Put the semester you have taken/will take the courses on your degree plan. Please use the Long Term Schedule Plan to coordinate all current and future courses.
    2. Make sure to put the appropriate grade and credit hours for each class. If you have not yet received a grade for a class, leave the respective grade section blank
    3. For students taking a thesis option degree plan, make sure to input your Major Professor
  3. Submit your correct and completed degree plan. Check for accuracy before submission. DO NOT submit more than one degree plan
  4. The department will review your degree plan. You will be notified if there are issues with it or if it has been fully approved. Allow 4-6 weeks for processing


  • Long Term Schedule Plan: The Long-Term Schedule helps students understand which courses are offered, when a specific course is offered, and where the course will be offered. Keep in mind, courses offered are subject to change each semester. (UPDATED: OCT. 2023)

  • Graduate Degree Plan Changes Form: If you need to make changes to an approved degree plan, submit this form to your advisor.

  • Once you have submitted your degree plan, the form will be properly routed to the appropriate people for signatures. You do not need to contact any individuals about signatures or approvals

Handwritten degree plans will not be accepted. You must use the following forms instead: 




Grad Forms


Need to enroll in less than 9 hours?


CPT (required of international students)