Did you know?
ALL Graduate Students must fill out their Degree Plans before graduation. Degree Plans need to be completed in order to graduate.
When is the ideal time?
It is ideal to have your Degree Plan completed before your last semester of graduation.
Your academic advisor can walk through the process with you!
- Choose your degree plan that reflects your major and thesis option (scroll below to view list)
- Log in with your UNT credentials. You will be directed to an empty degree plan. Fill out appropriately with your information, the classes you have taken, the classes you are currently taking, and the classes you will take
- Put the semester you have taken/will take the courses on your degree plan. Please use the Long Term Schedule Plan to coordinate all current and future courses.
- Make sure to put the appropriate grade and credit hours for each class. If you have not yet received a grade for a class, leave the respective grade section blank
- For students taking a thesis option degree plan, make sure to input your Major Professor
- Submit your correct and completed degree plan. Check for accuracy before submission. DO NOT submit more than one degree plan
- The department will review your degree plan. You will be notified if there are issues with it or if it has been fully approved. Allow 4-6 weeks for processing
Long Term Schedule Plan: The Long-Term Schedule helps students understand which courses are offered, when a specific course is offered, and where the course will be offered. Keep in mind, courses offered are subject to change each semester. (UPDATED: OCT. 2023)
- Once you have submitted your degree plan, the form will be properly routed to the appropriate people for signatures. You do not need to contact any individuals about signatures or approvals
Handwritten degree plans will not be accepted. You must use the following forms instead:
- Artificial Intelligence - Autonomous Systems Concentration MS Degree Plan
- Artificial Intelligence - Biomedical Engineering Concentration MS Degree Plan
- Artificial Intelligence - Machine Learning Concentration MS Degree Plan
- Computer Engineering MS Degree Plan (Non-Thesis)
- Computer Science MS Degree Plan (Non-Thesis)
- Computer Science MS Degree Plan (Thesis)
- Cybersecurity MS Degree Plan (Non-Thesis 2021-2022 Catalog)
- Cybersecurity MS Degree Plan (Non-Thesis, 2022-2023 Catalog)
- Data Engineering - Biomedical Engineering Concentration MS Degree Plan
- Data Engineering - Data Engineering Concentration MS Degree Plan
- PhD Degree Plan (submit to Ph.D. advisor, Kyle Baker - Kyle.Baker@unt.edu)
- Professional Master's in Computer Science MS Degree Plan
- Computer Engineering Pass-through Master's MS Degree Plan (for PhD students)
- Computer Science Pass-through Master's MS Degree Plan (for PhD students)
- Committee Appointment Form (For MS Thesis students only)
- Major Professor Declaration
- Graduate Degree Plan Changes Form (Return to your Academic Advisor)
- Results Of PhD Preliminary Exam
- Notice Of Acceptance Proposal Form (Topic Proposal form)
- Graduate Student Leave of Absence Request Form
- Course Equivalency Request Form (Return to firstname.lastname@example.org and allow 6-8 weeks for processing)
- CSE Grad Handbook
- Credit Transfer Request and Minor Approval
- R-53-Topic Proposal Form
- Oral Defense Notification Form
Need to enroll in less than 9 hours?
- Course Load Exception Request Form (Domestic students only)
- iNorthTX | Graduate Student Full-Time Enrollment Exemption (International students only)
CPT (required of international students)