Please note, funding for undergraduate travel is generally not available and will only be approved if there is funding available. To be considered for funding and request Departmental support, please complete a Travel Budget Authorization form and submit it to Diana Bergeman.
The Computer Science and Engineering Department and the College of Engineering has a limited amount of funding available for travel purposes and there is no guarantee of funding until all forms have been signed and verified for funding amounts. You will be responsible to find alternate funding sources or pay for travel yourself for any portion that is not covered by the Department or College. By accepting Departmental travel funds, you agree to the following:
- Per diem will not be paid; all meal and hotel receipts must be provided upon your return for payment consideration and amounts cannot exceed the national per diem rates. You can review allowable rates at https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates
- A summary of your trip will be sent to Diana Bergeman, along with photos of your travel (have fun and take lots of photos!) for inclusion in our Newsletter
- Receipts, itinerary, conference program, and all other applicable documents will be turned into Diana Bergeman within 2 weeks of your return. Scanned, emailed documents are permitted.
- Toulouse Grad School Travel Grants will be paid directly to you, if awarded, and will be deducted from the reimbursable voucher to prevent over-payment.
In order to apply for travel reimbursement, please complete and submit the following forms:
Travel Budget Authorization (TBA) – Fill in with all estimated expenses. Sign and have your supervisor sign.
- (Make sure to use the tab for Travel Budget Authorization, not the one for Travel Voucher front page)
- ALWAYS ROUND UP AND OVER ESTIMATE YOUR EXPENSES! It's better to ask for more than not enough!
College of Engineering Travel Grant – Complete this form, attach your degree plan and confirmation of conference acceptance.
TGS Travel Grant – complete this form and take it to your major professor to complete the evaluation and sign.
Bring ALL THREE to Diana Bergeman, in one packet. She will enter the funding amounts and obtain the rest of the signatures needed.
Once all signatures are complete, she will send the Grad School completed form back to you, as it will be your responsibility to complete their application process.