Student Travel Funding

The Computer Science and Engineering Department and the College of Engineering has a limited amount of funding available for travel purposes and there is no guarantee of funding until all forms have been signed and verified for funding amounts. You will be responsible to find alternate funding sources or pay for travel yourself for any portion that is not covered by the Department or College. Additionally, if you decide to split your anticipated funding between two or more trips, there is no guarantee that funding will still be available for secondary trips. By accepting Departmental travel funds, you agree to the following:

  1. Per diem will not be paid; all meal and hotel receipts must be provided upon your return for payment consideration and amounts cannot exceed the national per diem rates. You can review allowable rates at
  2. A summary of your trip will be sent to the department's Senior Administrative Coordinator, along with photos of your travel (have fun and take lots of photos!) for inclusion in our Newsletter
  3. Receipts, itinerary, conference program, and all other applicable documents will be turned into the department's Senior Administrative Coordinator within 2 weeks of your return. Scanned, emailed documents are permitted.
  4. Toulouse Grad School Travel Grants will be paid directly to you, if awarded, and will be deducted from the initial voucher to prevent over-payment.

In order to apply for travel reimbursement, please complete and submit the following forms:

Graduate Travel Grant Request - The department will fund up to $500 to an applicant presenting at a conference. We also encourage students to contact the Toulouse Graduate School & the College of Engineering for more travel funding options.

  • Please submit completed form to the Senior Administrative Coordinator. This form must be submitted prior to travel.

College of Engineering Travel Grant – Complete this form, attach your degree plan and confirmation of conference acceptance.

TGS Travel Grant – follow the steps outlined on this page. Please note, your advisor must complete the evaluation section and sign it.

CSE Department Faculty Evaluation

Send ALL FOUR (along with your international travel registration, if applicable) to the department's Senior Administrative Coordinator, in one packet. we will enter the funding amounts and obtain the rest of the signatures needed.

Once all signatures are complete, she will send the Grad School completed form back to you, as it will be your responsibility to complete their application process, if applicable. If you missed the upload window for TGS, you can submit in the next open period, as long as the travel is in the same academic year.

Please note, funding for undergraduate travel is generally not available and will only be approved if there is funding available. To be considered for funding and request Departmental support, please contact the department's Senior Administrative Coordinator.