Jacob Montgomery Cole was born in Denton TX, son of Monty Cole and Stacey Stewart, and brother to Macy and Sam Cole. After graduating from Corsicana High School in 2012, Jacob attended UNT and graduated with his Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science in May, 2016. During his time at UNT, Jacob excelled in his studies, landing on the Dean’s and President’s list each semester, and graduating Magna Cum Laude, while also maintaining a student employment position in the College of Music, which allowed him to channel his passion for music, and blend it with his love of Computer Science.
The Jacob Montgomery Cole Scholarship in Computer Science is available to undergraduate students in the Computer Science and Engineering Department who are enrolled full time. Preference will be given to students who are graduating from or have graduated from Navarro County, Texas High Schools.
- Maintain good academic status
- Maintain full time enrollment (12 hours UG)
- Be an UG student majoring in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or Information Technology
- Demonstrate need-based financial assistance as determined by completion of FAFSA.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Preference will be given to graduates from high schools in Navarro County, Texas.